JBEI is located at 5885 Hollis Street in the EmeryStation East (ESE) building between Powell and 59th Streets.
The front of the building faces Hollis Street and the rear of the building faces Peladeau Street.
From San Francisco/SFO: Take 101 North, then take I-80 East toward Bay Bridge/Oakland. Cross the Bay Bridge and continue on I-80 East. Immediately after I-80 East merges with I-580/I-880, move three lanes to the right and take the first exit, Powell Street. Turn right at the end of the exit ramp onto Powell Street, heading east (see “From Powell Street”).
From San Jose/Oakland Airport: Take I-880 North toward Oakland. Take I-980 East toward CA-24/Walnut Creek. Merge onto I-580 West toward San Francisco. From I-580 West, take the Powell Street exit. Turn right at the end of the exit ramp onto Powell Street, heading east (see “From Powell Street”).
From the East Bay: Take CA-24 West toward Oakland. Take I-580 West toward San Francisco. From I-580 West toward San Francisco. From I-580 West, take the Powell Street exit. Turn right at the end of the exit ramp onto Powell Street, heading east (see “From Powell Street”).
From the North Bay: Take I-580 East toward the Richmond Bridge. Cross the Richmond Bridge and merge onto I-80 West/I-580 East. From I-80 West/I-580 East, take the Powell Street exit; turn left at the end of the exit ramp onto Powell Street, heading east (see “From Powell Street”).
From Powell Street: After turning onto Powell Street, go straight approximately one-half mile, then turn left on Hollis Street (after the overpass).
From Berkeley Lab: Take McMillan Rd to Centennial Dr in Oakland. Turn right onto Centennial Dr. Turn left onto Stadium Rim Way. Slight right onto Canyon Rd. Turn right onto Prospect St. Turn right onto Channing Way. At the traffic circle, take the 3rd exit onto Piedmont Ave. Turn right onto Haste St. Turn left onto Shattuck Ave. Turn right onto Adeline St. Turn right to stay on Adeline St. Continue onto Stanford Ave. Continue onto Powell St. Turn right onto Hollis St.
- Street parking (free for 2 hours) is typically available near the ESE building.
- For visitors on official LBNL or JBEI business, valet parking is available at the ESE building’s garage.
- Inform your host at least 24 hours in advance that you will need parking.
- The entrance to the garage is in the corner of Peladeau Street (see map below).
- Push the button to call Security while at the gate. After verifying if a parking request was placed for you the security guard will open the gate.
- Drive to P2 level.
- Drive up to the valet podium that will be on the east side of the elevator bank on P2, i.e. once you make the initial left turn, drive straight ahead.
- Valet team will valet the vehicle.
- The ticket will need to be validated by the JBEI front desk receptionist or you will need to pay for parking.
- Pick up your keys by 5:15pm.
- Should you have any questions please contact your meeting host.
- For all other visitors a fee parking structure is located at the Terraces at 5855 Horton located 2 blocks from the ESE building. Closes at 6 p.m. Fees: $2.50 per hour, CASH only. How to get to the Terraces garage:
- From Powell Street turn left at Hollis Street
- Turn left on 59th Street
- Turn Left onto Horton Street
- Turn Right into the Second Entrance (just past the Amtrak station) labeled 5855 Horton Street
- To open the gate, pull up to the ticket dispenser. Take the ticket with you.
- Once you park, walk to the West Entrance of ESE.
- Upon arrival at ESE, please go to the lobby security desk, where you will be given access to our offices on the 4th floor.
- Upon arrival at the fourth floor, please check-in with JBEI front desk receptionist.