Collaborate on Grant Proposals
- JBEI collaborates with companies to develop and submit federal or state grant proposals for partnering on mission-related research topics.
Industry Visiting Scientists
- Company researchers can be guests at JBEI as visiting scientists under any of several programs, provided they have a JBEI sponsor.
Strategic Partnership Program (SPP) projects
- Companies with missions and projects that closely align with JBEI can access unique JBEI capabilities through short term, tightly focused SPPs (formerly known as “Work for Others”). These SPPs are suited to projects in which intellectual property is not likely to be developed.
Support the JBEI TechnoEconomic Model
- Companies can sponsor modules to extend the capabilities of JBEI’s wiki-based model of a lignocellulosic biorefinery. Additional modules could include production of advanced biofuels or various pretreatment, hydrolysis, and fermentation technologies.
Share information and materials
- JBEI has numerous informal partnerships where materials or information is shared or transferred. Companies and JBEI can also collaborate to publish papers together.
For information on sponsoring research at JBEI go here.