When you choose a career at Berkeley Lab you become a part of a thriving national laboratory renowned for performing cutting-edge scientific research in a variety of fields.
You also join a collaborative community.
The Joint BioEnergy Institute (JBEI) has recruited a multi-disciplinary team of the best and brightest researchers who combine their expertise, skills and exchange ideas to accelerate the process of discovery.
JBEI’s culture represents a departure from traditional research institutions. Here you’ll find:
- An entrepreneurial environment that acts as bioscience incubator
- A dynamic culture that maximizes collaboration to accelerate research
- Motivated people who work together to optimize opportunities for success
Staff members of the Joint BioEnergy Institute (JBEI) are hired as employees of one of JBEI’s partner institutions:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL)
- Sandia National Laboratory (SNL)
- Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL)
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL)
- UC Berkeley
- UC Davis
- Carnegie Institution for Science
All JBEI hiring institutions are Equal Opportunity Employers with a commitment to workforce diversity.