Development of efficient, affordable and scalable pretreatment technologies.
- Mechanistic understanding and optimization of Ionic Liquid Pretreatment
- Discovery and Screening of new Ionic Liquids
- Impact of modified feedstocks, densification and blending
- Improving Ionic Liquid pretreatment process economics
Seema Singh is a biophysicist and a guest senior scientist with the JBEI Deconstruction Research Division & a director of Biomass Pretreatment. She is a distinguished member of the technical staff in Biomass Science and Conversion Technologies Department at Sandia National laboratories, CA.
- “Impact of High Biomass Loading on Ionic Liquid Pretreatment”, Biotechnol Biofuels (2013)
- “Survey of Renewable Chemicals Produced from Lignocellulosic Biomass during Ionic Liquid Pretreatment”, Biotechnol Biofuels (2013)
- “Impact of Mixed Feedstocks and Feedstock Densification on Ionic Liquid Pretreatment Efficiency“, Biofuels (2013)
- “Unveiling High-Resolution, Tissue Specific Dynamic Changes in Corn Stover during Ionic Liquid Pretreatment”, RSC Advances (2013)
- “Influence of Physico-Chemical Changes on Enzymatic Digestibility of Ionic Liquid and AFEX pretreated Corn Stover”, Bioresource Technology (2011)
- “Visualization of biomass solubilization and cellulose regeneration during ionic liquid pretreatment of switchgrass”, Biotechnology and Bioengineering(2009)